Thursday, February 15, 2007

Two weeks!

So it is Thursday February 15, and I have been living in Amsterdam for two weeks already! Most of my time has been spent adjusting and just getting into the groove of things. A lot of time walking and biking to and fro, buying books, orientation, class, groceries. Yesterday I did laundry, but because we share the laundry room with so many people it was so annoyingly time consuming.

It has been raining a lot. Every day. The seat of my bike is always wet, which means that the seat of my pants is always wet. As soon as I dry off, I need to bike somewhere again. It is finally sunny today

This weekend I am going to Maastricht to visit some of the Macalester kids that are on the globalization program there. Also Carnaval starts on Sunday so I will get to see some of that too!

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. Couples here celebrate it, but it is not nearly as commercialized. We went to dinner, but couldn't get into many restaurants without a reservation, which is pretty unusual for the restaurants that we went to. Mitch sent me an amazing card that I got on Monday and yesterday, when I got back from class, there was a bouquet of roses waiting outside for me. Even when he's on vacation in Mexico and I am in the Netherlands, he is still the best boyfriend I could ask for!

Well, I have to get some homework done so that I can go away this weekend! I am done with class for the week, but need to work on an assignment that's due Monday.

Love you all!

No comments: