Monday, February 5, 2007

A long day of walking...

Wow...Sunday was an exhausting but great day!!

It started out sunny and nice, so I thought, "What better thing to do than to go to the park!?" I also wanted a frisbee, but many of the shops were closed, so I didn't get one. There are a number of parks in Amsterdam, but Abby and I decided to go to the park, Vondelpark. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a trek. It took us about 45 minutes to get to. Then we walked around the whole thing, which is quite large. Where there are more leaves on things it's going to be even more gorgeous! I'm really looking forward to the rose garden, which is beautiful now anyway!




This is Mister Vondel.

Even though it was a long trip and it got cold, it was good to see and a great chance for Dutch people watching. Abby and I concluded that Dutch children are cute and should all be made to wear helmets just because it's adorable and that Dutch men are very tall.

So after the park, I came home and made dinner for my roomie Juliette and then got ready to go to the Super Bowl. We went to a bar in Leidseplein, which is a square in town surrounded by bars and clubs and is just a fun place to go out. We got there 1 and 1/2 hours early, but could not get a table, so we sat outside and watched it. Unfortunately, it gets cold at night in Amsterdam. Everyone was drinking beer, but I asked for a hot chocolate...I never got it. The bar was hilarious because there were many Dutch people there wearing old American football jerseys, or just jerseys in general. All of my friends and I watched from outside and it was still amazing. The most memorable football game of my life! Then we had to walk home. This place is basically next to Vondelpark, so yeah, a lot of walking! We got home at 4:30 this morning. I was really glad that I didn't have to go to class!!

2 comments:

Sweet Talking Yankee said...

Do they not have public transportation in Amsterdam.... it might make getting places easier. Love You and Miss You!

babbygirl said...

Ahna,

Call home this weekend, we don't have your phone number! It seems the number you gave us is for New Zealand!!

Love Mom