Saturday, June 2, 2007

Munich!

It is June 2 and Mitch and I are in Munich. Well...for another 40 minutes.

The end of my semester flew bz. Mitch came to visit, then I worked on papers. Lots of them! Then it was my birthday. Then I finished my papers, moved out, and caught a night train to Munich...it was quite the day. We arrived the morning of the first. Wec checked into the hotel and took a nap right away. We didn't get the best night sleep on the train (there was a bunch of noisy Germans that got on at Dusseldorf). Then we went to the Alta Pinakothek which is the major art museum. Then we wandered around the market. That evening we went to the Hofbrauhaus which is a state owned beer hall. They sell beer by the liter there. It was very intimidating.

Today we woke up and checked out of the hotel. Then we went to the Dachau concentration camp. It was very somber, but powerful. We were both glad that we went. Then we went to Schloss Nymphenburg which was the summer palace of the Wittelsbach family, the rulers of Bavaria for centuries.

It has been a great great time. Tomorrow morning I will be in Prague!! Then I go to Paris and Brugge!

Love,
Ahna

No comments: