Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Pictures


Pannenkoeken...yummmy...



Thorn



Maastricht



The only mountain in the Netherlands..."mountain"



Our tour guide. He reminded me of the Old Prospector from the SNL sketch. I wish Raymond could've been there!



I wrapped my scarf around my head to prevent getting a rat's next in my hair from the wind.



Macalester kids together again!



War Memorial


"Each for his own memorial earned praise that will never die and with it the grandest of all sepulchres not that in which his mortal bones are laid but a home in the minds of men."












"Here we and all who shall hereafter live in freedom will be reminded that to these men and to their comrades we owe a debt to be paid with grateful remembrance of their sacrifice and with the high resolve that the cause for which they died shall live."




I just love this sign. This is how they tell you that you are leaving the city.



There are daffodils everywhere!



Three countries!


"You are leaving the Netherlands!"


Germany!

No comments: